Traditional Thai Massage is the manual medicine branch of 2500 years of Traditional Thai medicine.
Combining elements of yoga, shiatsu and acupressure, working with the energy pathways of the body and the therapy points that are located along these lines these techniques provide the opportunity to diagnose your emotional, spiritual and physical well-being as well as your lifestyle.
The health and wellness benefits of Thai Massage are many. By restoring the flow of energy through the body, it can increase flexibility, range of motion, athletic performance, mental clarity and energy levels. Most clients immediately feel more physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually balanced. The nervous system, blood flow and relaxation response are all stimulated while simultaneously relaxing the mind and body.
BENEFITS OF THAI MASSAGE
Thai Yoga Massage is a very holistic therapy where the human being is seen and treated as an ever-changing network of physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects that all influence each other.
Its primary aim is to restore and balance the body’s energy system which comprises of a multitude of energy lines that run through the body. These energy lines cannot be seen by most people, but it is possible to feel them. They are part of many Eastern healing traditions. In the West the Chinese acupuncture meridians are the most well-known version.
It i important to take the time to rest and recover. One way to recharge your body is with Thai yoga massage, a method that combines massage with deep stretching and yoga. Thai massage practitioner explains more about the benefits of this unique massage.
Contrary to the popular Swedish massage of the west, which focuses on the physical aspect of the body with the kneading of muscles, Thai massage addresses an combines techniques usually found isolated in the western physiotherapies including Trigger Points Treatments, Myo-fascial Techniques, Neu-ro Muscular therapy, and Manual Therapy among others.
The combination of energetic and physical aspects is what makes Thai Massage unique and so effective. Traditional Thai massage is really a deep, full-body treatment, starting at the feet and progressing up to the head. Using a sequence of gentle, flowing exercise movements, the recipient’s body is moved, loosened and stretched (some stretch applications linked to Yoga) of the joints and the muscles. This unique type of massage influences the energetic side as well, restoring the flow of energy throughout the body with applied acupressure on the sen energy lines of the body, aimed at harmonizing and energizing.
Believed to beaver 2500 years old, traditional Thai massage is an authentic healing art and unique form of body therapy developed by people who used massage not only as a therapeutic method of healing to treat illnesses, but to maintain health and well-being.
It is the combination of yoga stretching, calmness of meditation, with acupressure, exercise movement and reflexology that makes it a healing art. It is worked on the floor with the client dressed in comfortable loose clothing. Thai method uses mainly point pressure and muscle stretching. And it is not just the hands that are used to free tension stored in the recipient’s body, but the feet an elbows are used as well. Some of the innumerable physical, mental, psychological benefits are:
PHYSICAL BENEFITS OF THAI MASSAGE
- Help detoxification of the body and boost immune system
- Increase blood circulation, lower blood pressure
- Good for muscle relaxation, increase flexibility in your muscles, increase mobility
- Improve breathing
- Improves posture, balance, corrects body alignments an dissolves energy blockages
- Improves athletic performance
- Help Arthritis and back pain
- Help tone the body strengthen joints and fight diseases, including chronic joint problems
- Prevents illnesses and alleviates degenerative diseases
- Slows the aging process
MENTAL BENEFITS OF THE THAI MASSAGE
- Improve your outlook towards life; builds an emotional balance
- Help with concentration and creativity/Mind and body concentration
- Clear and calm your mind
- Help you gain mental clarity
PSYCHOLOGICAL EFFECTS OF THAI MASSAGE
- Reduce and relieve stress and anxiety
- Help people boost their inner energy levels
- Develop discipline and self-control
- Achieve better health, increases health and vitality
- Raise the energy levee and stamina
- Build internal power (and creates a natural confidence)